100 years. 100 stories.
The story of St. Charles began in 1918 when the first hospital in Bend officially opened on the banks of the Deschutes River. It started with five Sisters of St. Joseph whose mission was to care for all or care for none. The current location of the Bend hospital opened in 1975. It became a community, nonprofit organization in the 1970s and maintained an affiliation with the Catholic Church until February 2010. The spirit of compassionate caring first fostered by the Sisters of St. Joseph is alive and well at St. Charles today. This is our story.
No matter how far
Health care doesn’t just happen in our hospitals. We have caregivers visiting the far reaches of our 32,000-square-mile service area to bring medical care to those in our rural communities.
This place is full of big moments. Of split second decisions that make the difference between things not going well, and everything working out perfectly. This is a spacer line.